SimBioSys is building the Future of Precision Cancer Care. Join our fight against Cancer!
About The Job
The Executive Assistant supports the leadership team members with dedicated executive administration and support of scheduling, travel plan and departmental event coordination, and streamlining administrative processes. This role includes frequent communication and interaction with senior-level personnel, and external collaborators and contacts to assist with company objectives.
- Provide professional representation for the function.
- Provide executive leadership with extensive and continuous calendar management, travel management, expense management, event registrations and detailed meeting plan management, and all other executive support.
- Manage updates to CRM System to keep track of internal/external communication
- Act as a representative of executive leadership regarding internal and external relations and correspondences and screening communications.
- Coordinate meetings, create PowerPoint presentations, coordinate monthly reporting, use Excel spreadsheets and order equipment, etc.
- Arrange on- and off-site meetings, events, appointments and travel for departmental leadership with supporting materials as needed.
- Ensure that executive leadership is informed of priorities, deadlines and challenges.
- Assist executive leadership in tracking key operational metrics by organizing and compiling data, researching facts, and coordinating information retrieval.
- Arrange teleconferences, domestically and/or internationally.
- Independently perform special projects that require a combined knowledge of administrative needs and technical operations.
- Assist with contract administration as needed including obtaining signatures, scanning and electronic filing.
- Track internal and external contacts and maintain contact database.
- Utilize efficient time management with the nuances of complex administrative assistance at the executive level.
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of team and company information.
- Operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide back-up administrative support to other departments as necessary.
- Be available at various hours for business-related tasks during regular business working hours and periodically during off-hours (evenings and weekends).
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced experience in in Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- 2+ years of experience supporting administrative functions at the executive level
- Experience in a life sciences company (biotechnology, biopharmaceutical, diagnostics or medical device)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, operate with a high sense of urgency, and meet project deadlines
- Ability to effectively exercise discretion and judgment in handling confidential/proprietary information
- Ability to anticipate needs, resourcefulness and responsiveness are essential
- Highly developed written communication skills, including report writing, presentations, email correspondence and verbal communication skills, particularly in dealing with people of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent calendar management skills and demonstrated history of complex scheduling with consistent follow through
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills;
- Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data